Our client, the Core Services team who own and operate several systems that power a well-known broadcasters’ real estate – including News & Sport websites, are some of the highest-traffic sites both in the UK and globally.
As a platform department they deal with backend systems, resilience, scale, performance, and tooling. As a result of an integration project, which some of their permanent engineers are being re-deployed to, we have been asked to deploy a team of experienced engineers who can augment existing in-house teams that develop and maintain the below systems systems:
- Belfrage – their routing and resiliency layer. Written in Elixir (Erlang) it is an extremely high-traffic, low latency system.
- Fabl – their data aggregation & backend execution environment. Written in NodeJS and deployed onto AWS Lambda.
- DevX – their DevOps and tooling team who develop our CodeBuild deployment pipelines, as well as observability dashboards in Grafana.
- Pres – their React JS frontend UI framework.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Significant experience with Elixir/Erlang
- Development with Node js
- Strong knowledge of developing APIs/Services including load, performance and security
- Experience of AWS- including Cloudwatch and Lambda
- Ability to work independently to drive forward requirements
- Experience of writing quality code including TDD, Pairing, automation and agile working practices
- Excellent communication skills
- On site travel 1 day per week (Thursday), in BBC’s New Broadcasting House Office (Central London)
- Inside IR35