Who will you be working for?
Reed Professional Services is a Management Consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company specialising in IT, financial services and associated sectors. We specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients a powerful solutions and focused approach.
Our customer is an integrated producer broadcaster and creates, owns and distributes content on multiple platforms globally. The Company operates through two segments: Broadcast & Online and Studios.
What will you be doing?
The right candidates will have the following skills and experience.
- Knowledge of adaptive streaming technologies including HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS)
- Experience using HTML5 based video playback technologies such as Media Source Extensions and Encrypted Media Extensions
- Working knowledge of media container formats including MP4, codecs such as H.264/AVC, AAC, HEVC, AC3 and transport protocols including MPEG-2TS
- Working knowledge of DRM technologies, including Widevine and PlayReady
- Experience of 3rd-party player libraries such as Shaka and XDK.
- Experience with media analytics and performance libraries
- AWS experience including S3, Cloudfront
- Event based programming
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Knowledge of how to track and manipulate network traffic
- Video Encoders, packagers and associated standards
- Knowledge of CDNs and streaming delivery methods
Initially be remote. However, you may be required to travel to our customers offices in London- please only apply if this location is commutable for you.
Please note- this is a 6-month contract. For suppliers engaging through a limited company, this contract is T&M based outside of IR35.
Does this role sound like you? In that case we’d love to hear from you so please click “Apply” without delay